These well-balanced meal served at the Senior Center meets one-third of the daily recommended dietary needs for adults 60 and over and is established by the USDA. The meal is on a contribution basis. The suggested contribution for 60 and over is $4.50. No one is refused for inability to pay.
Individuals eligible to receive a congregate meal on a contribution basis are:
- Any person aged 60 or over
- The spouse of any person aged 60 or over
- A disabled person under age 60 who resides in housing facilities occupied primarily by older persons at which congregate nutrition services are provided
- A disabled individual who resides at home with and accompanies an older individual (60 or older)
Those under the age the age of 60 who do not meet the above criteria, the cost for a congregate meal is $7.50.
Home Delivered Meals
Well-balanced meals which meet one-third of the daily recommended dietary needs of adults 60 and over (as established by USDA) are delivered to home-bound individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Any person aged 60 or over who is frail and/or homebound by reason of illness or incapacitating disability
- A disabled individual who resides at home with older individuals who are eligible (60 or over)
A spouse of a person that is aged 60 or over who is frail and/or homebound by reason of illness or incapacitating disability regardless of age or condition may receive a home-delivered meal if the Area Agency on Aging criteria conclude that it is in the best interest of the homebound older person
These meals can be referred by a physician, social services, home health, family, friend or the individual themselves. If you are interested please contact Penny Vollbracht
, Senior Center Coordinator, at (402) 375-1460. The suggested contribution for those aged 60 and older is $4.50, under 60 is $7.50.