The following are various measures of preparedness that will assist you and your loved ones in cases of emergency.
A person's behavior, NOT
his/her appearance, makes them a suspect of criminal or terrorist activities. Be aware of suspicious or unusual behavior. Suspicious criminal or terrorist activity should be reported to the proper authorities. Do not take the law into your own hands. If you see or hear suspicious activity, please call the Wayne Police Department at (402) 375-2626. Additionally, you may also provide information to the FBI office in Omaha at (402) 493-8688 or visit their website: omaha.fbi.gov
The Wayne Police
Department does not tolerate any type of hate crime. Criminal acts that are
motivated because of a person's actual or perceived race, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, or disability must be reported
within the jurisdiction wherein they may occur. If a hate crime is committed
within the City of Wayne, please call Wayne Police Department at (402) 375-2626, or
if an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
Precautions You Can Take
- When traveling, do not accept items from strangers or leave luggage unattended
- When in congested public areas, learn where emergency exits and staircases are located
- Avoid forming or joining large crowds during stressful times. Large events in important cities or locations are likely targets of terrorist attacks
- At work, review emergency evacuation procedures. Know where fire exits are located
- Review topics on terrorism by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
In any disaster situation, listen for news and emergency information on the radio. Remember to remain calm to be able to think clearly during a difficult time. Your composure will help you and your loved ones through any difficult situation.