The City Council, with passage of Ordinance 2010-30, adopted the 2006 version of the building codes from the International Code Council. An exception to this is the electrical code, which is adopted from the National Fire Protection Agency and the City Coucncil has adopted the 2008 version of the electrical code.
Current Enforced Codes
- 2006 International Building Code
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2006 International Mechanical Code
- 2006 International Plumbing Code
- 2006 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2006 International Residential Code
- 2008 National Electric Code
A copy of the above codes is kept in the Building Inspector's office at 306 Pearl Street and can be viewed at any time during normal business hours. A second copy of the codes are also kept at the Wayne Public Library for viewing. Personal copies of building codes can be purchased through the International Code Council
and a copy of the electrical code can be purchased through the National Fire Protection Agency
The Building Inspector is given the authority to enforce these codes through interpretation and through adoption of various policies and procedures to help better clarify the codes.