East Park is located at East 5th Street and Walnut Street. It was a gift to the City of Wayne from Mr. & Mrs. John T. Bressler in April, 1912. At the time it was located in the extreme east edge of town and thereby given the name East Park. The park is popular as a playground and for picnics.
The park contains the following items and facilities:
- Shelter house
- Rest room
- Drinking fountain
- BBQ grill
- Picnic tables
- Playground equipment
- Basketball hoop
New Playground Equipment Being Installed in 2010
In conjunction with the Leadership Wayne
class, an effort was undertaken to purchase some new playground equipment for East Park. City of Wayne Public Works employees along with members of the Leadership Wayne class have worked to assemble and install this new equipment.