INVITATION TO SUBMIT
HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PROPOSALS
Public notice and invitation to submit proposals is hereby given by the City of Wayne, Nebraska (City), to private developers or any persons interested in the purchase and the development of approximately 7.94 acres of land owned by the City located south of 4th and Jaxon Streets. The City is requesting proposals be submitted for residential development by the end of business on December 1, 2021.
The City will consider all development proposals based on the established guidelines listed below. The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, as well as to negotiate with a developer the details of any original proposal accepted by the Wayne City Council.
Completed proposals may be submitted to:
City of Wayne
Attn: Betty McGuire, City Clerk
P.O. Box 8
Wayne, NE 68787
Alternatively, proposals may be dropped off in person to City of Wayne offices located at 306 Pearl Street or emailed to Betty McGuire, City Clerk at .
Contact Betty McGuire or Wes Blecke, City Administrator at 402-375-1733 with any questions or for more information.
The proposals should include:
- Developer name, credentials and past projects.
- Monetary offer for the property ( approximately 7.94 acres)
- List and amount of incentives being requested by developer from the City and/or Community Redevelopment Authority, and other programs/incentives from the State of Nebraska, U.S. Federal Government, and/or other not-for-profit funds.
- Site plan drawn to scale
- Building(s) layout (i.e. garages, shared spaces, etc.)
- Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Storm Water plan
- Grounds/landscaping plan
- Site ingress and egress
- Parking plan, according to R4 zoning regulations (found in Chapter 152.139 of Wayne Municipal Code -- www.cityofwayne.org/700/Chapter-152)
- Estimated monthly rates per unit and/or bedroom, if housing plan has rental units.
- Building(s) plan (include number of units, bedrooms, and elevation drawings for each side of the building(s)).
- Timeline from purchase to completed development (include phase(s) timeline(s) if development is planned to be phased).
- If the proposal includes subdividing the property, a preliminary plat as described in the Wayne Municipal Code - Section 151.037 Paragraph (H)
- Narrative including unique qualities of the proposal (i.e. property amenities for residents, "missing middle" development, etc.) and how this development would substantially benefit the community.
- Housing units completed as soon as possible.
- Multifamily unit development or a multifamily/single family mix development preferred.
- Required to sign a development contract with the City including, but not limited to, property clawbacks.
- Storm water drainage is preferred to avoid taking water to the southeast towards the existing ball fields.
- Development of property could not begin before June 1, 2022.
- Approximately 7.94 acres, size 720' x 480'
- R4 Residential Zoning District
- Address: 4th and Jaxon Streets (land south of that intersection and to the east)
- Legal description per Wayne County website: LOT 3 SOUTHEAST ADDITION (WOOD RECYCLING AREA)
- Inside Wayne's corporate limits
- Water to property; sanitary sewer at property (multiple stubs if needed)
- Relatively flat land, outside of the flood plain
Yellow = Lot Lines
Blue = Water Lines
Green = Sanitary Sewer Lines
Purple = Storm Sewer Lines
|9/29/2021 12:00 AM
|12/1/2021 5:00 PM