ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
The Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA) for the City of Wayne will be accepting sealed bids for the moving of up to three (3) single-family houses located at 1119 Walnut, 502 Hillcrest, and 506 Hillcrest in Wayne, Nebraska. Bids will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2023. Bids may be mailed to:
Attn: Betty McGuire, City Clerk
PO Box 8
Wayne, NE 68787
Bids may also be emailed to or submitted in person at City offices located at 306 Pearl Street.
The CRA reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities in the bidding.
The following criteria should be considered and/or included by the Contractor when submitting the bid:
- House(s) must be moved from aforementioned addresses no later than July 1, 2023
- Specify which house(s) you are bidding to move; bids will be considered for single houses, or up to all three houses
- Contractor will be responsible for all on-site work to prepare for moving
- Contractor shall provide a certificate of liability insurance policy in the amount of $1 million, listing the CRA as an additional insured and waiving subrogation
- Contractor will be responsible for any State of Nebraska permits/coordination; CRA will be responsible for any local permits (i.e. City of Wayne moving permit)
- CRA has various options of new locations for the house(s), including a single lot at 13th and Main as well as currently owned City lots along South Lincoln and Chicago Streets
- CRA urges the moving contractor to set up a time to view the houses being considered and talk with City staff prior to bidding
Any questions concerning the above proposal requirements, please contact Wes Blecke, City Administrator, or Betty McGuire, City Clerk, at 402-375-1733