Register Your Vehicle


If your vehicle is already registered in the State of Nebraska in another county, it is not necessary to obtain new license plates and registration until your vehicle's regular registration is due. You should contact the Wayne County Treasurer's office to inform them of your new address so new vehicle registration information will reach you.

If you have moved in from another state you have 30 days to register your vehicle at the Wayne County Treasurer's office. All out-of-state vehicles must be inspected by the Wayne County Sheriff's Office prior to registration.


The State of Nebraska requires proof of insurance when registering your vehicle. Proof of financial responsibility must be carried in the vehicle at all times when the vehicle is operated in the State of Nebraska.

Additional Information

If you would like more information, please visit the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles.